Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blog #7

I was posed the question, “How do you handle opposition?” and was given 3 stories as reference. And after reading the stories and thinking about the question, I see this problem from the same way I look at most opposition, from the outside. From an early age a saw that most people acted childish and selfish when it came to problems that directly affected them. I was more upset when people wouldn’t agree or listen just because it might go against what they think is right, I did not want to end up that way. So I asked myself what would help people think more openly about something, to me it was simple. Just stop! Stop talking, stop yelling, stop getting more and more upset, and just look at the problem as if someone had asked your opinion on the situation and it had nothing to do with you; what would you then do or suggest the people involved to do. And in most cases if you can see it from the others point of view you can see their side more clearly, but if one can look at the big picture as if watching others or if easier movie or reading a book. Only then can one see their own faults and hope to change them. In “Handling Room 15” by Katherine Crane I feel that they were looking for a way out, and if they tried to look at it from a far (as they would have to have done at some point to write it out the way they did, provided it was true which I doubt) they might have gone back instead of looking for an out.
In “PSST! Human Capital” by David Brooks, I find I fall into the side of more emphatically astute then book smart he talks about in his writing. I was always the first to put things aside for later but get me going and its hard to stop me. I scored the highest IQ in my school district however I am partially dyslexic, but did not know that at the time, and I did poorly in English mainly spelling, which kept me out of the early AP programs. I have always been a logical thinker and such numbers just made since to me as a child. I have been acting and entertaining since I was 3 and was around more adults the children until I was around 8, I developed an acute since of people and was able to pick up on small nuances and read their emotions more easily. As such I had many admirers for teachers growing up, for I always got along better with adults then kids my own age, and I had a very large vocabulary at a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment